Reasons why Breastfeeding is Beneficial:
- Breast milk’s nutritional composition is ideal for babies.
- Breast milk is easily digested in babies sensitive digestive tracts.
- Breast milk provides infants with antibodies to fight off diseases and create a protective environment within the gastrointestinal tract.
- Breast milk can reduce the possibility of allergies.
- Breastfeeding is convenient. Breast milk is always fresh, warm and ready. Feeding can be done almost anywhere with little to no preparation.
- Breastfeeding is economical. There is no formula or equipment needed. Breastfeeding also limits product waste.
- Breastfeeding will stimulate oxytocin which results in the reduction of the size of the uterus also helping mom’s lose pregnancy weight.
- Breastfeeding promotes intimacy and closeness between mom and baby.